In 2003 I graduated from Cairo University with a BA in Tourism and Hotels management and worked in this field for 20 years, which was full of successes and failures. Tourism is a very good field, but it is rapidly affected by crises, wars, revolutions, and epidemics as well. Many times I lost my job because of those crises, and once I started again and I never knew despair and frustration never crept inside myself, I kept working hard and energetically in the most hard times, I mastered three languages well: English, German and Italian, and that helped me a lot in my field. In the last four years I became the general manager of the commercial center called Thomas Gold in Hurghada, and my income improved a lot, and I gained the confidence of the business owner, and he began to depend on me in many work matters, however I was worried about another crisis that ravaged all these successes that I had achieved with the help of God, but I have overcome that anxiety by praying and relying on God who reassured the restless hearts, and I worked with all seriousness and never gave up to that negative feeling. Days, months, and years passed, until the year 2020 began and we started hearing about the spread of a strange virus in China, and anxiety began to flow in my heart again, and negative thoughts began crowding in my mind, I almost went crazy, l got myself together and i raised a prayer to God and began to catch my breath until God brought peace and tranquility to me. Days passed until February 2020 came, and we began to hear that the dreaded epidemic had swept many countries around the world, until it began spreading in Egypt as well, and the our government began to take precautionary measures to confront the epidemic, and announced the suspension of tourism movement and the closure of hotels and airports. As usual, in every crisis I lost my job. At the beginning of that crisis, I did not feel anxious, thinking that this crisis would not continue a lot of time and would end quickly, and I would return to my work again. Unfortunately, days passed, but three months passed, and the situation was the same and I still remained at home without work. I started to feel very worried about my future and my family, as I am married and have two children in middle school. I felt I had lost everything, what a feeling it was !!! My mind kept off thinking for more than a month. I looked for job opportunities a lot, and I could not find any
suitable job for me, especially since I do not know working in a field other than tourism. I stayed confused and started to ask how I would find a solution and a way out for me from this crisis, especially since it was clear that the crisis would not end soon, so I handed my matter over to God, until I heard about the scholarship offered by the Ministry of Communications and Udacity, and then I searched for it and found its page on the Facebook, then I chose to study the field of digital marketing because it was partly related to my previous work, which was sales. At that time, I felt that the scholarship was from God and it is really so. I started studying the first track with all studiousness and seriousness until I got my first degree in digital marketing challenge, then I enrolled to the second track, which is digital marketing professional, and God willing, I will continue my studies until the third track, and with permission God and with his help, I will be able to change my career path, to work as a freelancer on some freelance platforms. I will not be satisfied with this scholarship, but I will continue to study and gain experience in this wonderful field. Even if you are over the age of forty, you will be able to achieve some successes.

Comments
Post a Comment